Sunday, February 8, 2009

Ambers Communion Sunday - Jesus Conquered the Grave!

This morning I celebrated my 41st birthday with my family and children. We celebrated with a pancake breakfast and my wife treated me with an iphone accessory alarm clock stereo. A very nice surprise and something I will certainly enjoy. Thank you wifey for the surprise and very kind gift.

I also had a fantastic time at worship and celebrated something far more profound than the counted years of my life. After longing to join us at the Lords table, my daughter Amber took communion this morning, February 8, 2009. After a few tearful months prior when she asked and argued to participate, we were joyed to present this to her.

It was a precious experience as Amber and I sat together waiting for both Gods word and communion. She and I sang together and I took brief moments to whisper to her reminders Gods redeeming grace and had her repeat to me the significance of each element of both the body and the blood of Jesus. We kept repeating one of the worship songs Mighty to Save - Author of Salvation - Jesus conquered the grave! These brief words really tell a story of Gods grace and His intention to save us from the beginning. We are indeed thankful that Amber has an understanding of the gospel and understands our condition apart from Jesus our savior.

God bless you Amber and may God be with you in your journey here. We love you dearly and look forward to watching you grow in Christ.

No comments: