Sunday, November 21, 2010

Sierra Summer Vacation 2010


The mountains have always had a special place in my heart.  Especially this region that we visited in the Sierra Nevadas in the upper foothills of Plumas and Sierra Counties.  These places shaped my life as a young man, let my heart soar as I trekked into the woods day after day with my brother, sisters, mom and dad.  I'm now living the same experiences with the only change being the dad.

We did so much, experienced so much, and had a blast!

Fishing, horseback, climbing atop big mountains, and the kids really stretched themselves in ways I thought not possible for such young children. 

Check the flickr site adjacent in recent photos for more pictures!!!

Few notables:
  • Sleeping in a Walmart parking lot (really!).
  • Grabbing coffee in Nevada City before the run up the 49.
  • Fishing in Downieville at the same ol trustworthy spot and landing almost 10 fish or more within the first 30 minutes!  Seany really hooked them up.
  • Watching Amber pan for gold and getting a nugget (really!)
  • Sleeping along the river.
  • Listening to bears wrestle outside the tent, sleeping horribly, but loving every minute of it.
  • Climbing atop the Sierra Buttes with the kiddos.
  • Flyfishing with the kids just before dinner at Packer Lake.
  • Taking my kids to the same ice cream joint I visited at their same age.
  • Quality time with the wifey!
  • Meeting strangers everyday and hanging out in campground settings.
  • Swimming at the pond.
  • Driving to Tahoe and Mammoth the last few days.
  • Fishing, fishing, and more fishing!
  • Riding horseback with the family.
  • Road time and seeing the world!
Thanks be to God for these amazing times and to enjoy His glory in the mountain landscape!

No comments: