Monday, January 28, 2013

Seanyboy's First Rifle

This past Sunday, Seanyboy and I had a moment to go fire his new rifle.  What a great time at the Hogue Gun Club in San Luis Obispo.  Spent the first 30 minutes calibrating his red-dot scope.  Got it close enough for his range of shooting.  We had a great time as men together...

Seany boy in action on his Marlin Model 60

A viewpoint on range...

The tools of the day...

This experience of gifting my son a firearm provides much good.  Not only will he learn how to expertly handle his rifle, he will experience extremely important lessons in safety, discipline, respect, care, and humility.  My upbringing was much the same way and the tradition will be shared as best I can.  In time he will also grow to understand the important freedom and the stewardship that it comes with.

Much thanks to my dad for his training and care for me in these areas.  I look forward to continuing that same family tradition with my children.  

Great time with my son this past Sunday.  He was glowing with excitement of the experience and really did well with the instruction, safely and respectfully.  Looking forward to more together...

Thanks for reading...

No comments: