Saturday, March 1, 2014

East Side Flyer!

 Had a belated birthday blast recently with a quick run to the east side for some fly fishing on the Lower Owens River.  Middle of February and the forecast was 70 degrees with little wind.  Yep, that is exactly what we got till late in the day and Saturday night when some fercious winds churned up.  Still had a blast nonetheless and enjoyed the shelter and comfort of our year old Lance Camper travel trailer. 


Dad, Seanyboy, Korndog, and yours truly for a quick photo leaving the house.  6 hour drive ahead Friday afternoon...
 
Seanyboy on the Lower O on the first day getting his game on chucking bugs.  Very quickly he landed a typically beautiful Lower O brown trout.  This never gets old to him...
 
Like I said, this never gets old and its like a wonderful surprise ever cast and land...
 
 Korndog, Seanyboy and Johnny O grooving...

My dad in the honey hole with John just below in another pocket.

Sunny wading in February.

Crazy landscape on the east side.  The backdrop just begs watching.  Gods handiwork in living color...
 
Love these trips even if short and exhausting.  Big thanks to my dad for sharing this wonderland with me as a child and placing this seed in me at a young age.  I hope to do the same for my son and friends as they experience it with me.
 
Thanks for reading friends and family.  We love you much.

No comments: